Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it true, if I have a cosigner for my loan-once repayment start the cosigner gets the credit history benefit?

I was planning to have a car loan and being new, I intend to have a co-signer. Someone told me that if I have a co-signer, once i start the repayment - he/she will get benefit and their credit history will improve and no change to my credit history. is that true?Is it true, if I have a cosigner for my loan-once repayment start the cosigner gets the credit history benefit?
No both signers will get equal credit either good or bad depending on how the payments are made.





Co-signed loans are either marked with a ';C'; for co-sign or a ';J'; for joint on their credit reports no one know who is the primary and who is the secondary signer.Is it true, if I have a cosigner for my loan-once repayment start the cosigner gets the credit history benefit?
NO - YOUR payment actions will affect BOTH of your credit histories - if you fall behind in payments or stop paying - both of you will get whacked credit score wise and they will come after your co-signer for payment, who will in turn come after you for blood
not true, the co-signor will be responsible if and only if you default on the loan nothing more,
Not true. Both credit histories will be affected IF the lender reports on both.

No comments:

Post a Comment