Friday, February 12, 2010

What is the difference between believing something to be true in your heart and just wanting it to be true?

In response to one of my answers, the asker said that I didn't seem to understand the difference between the wisdom of the heart and emotional desire. Perhaps he was right. So could someone clue me in as to what the difference is? Is believing something in your heart the same as wanting it to be true? Seems so to me.What is the difference between believing something to be true in your heart and just wanting it to be true?
If you truly believe something to be true in your heart, you will feel calm and grounded about it. Conversely, if you are just wanting it to be true, you may feel unsure or anxious. This anxious feeling could be your natural instinct telling you that although you want it to be true, it really isn't. Listen to yourself, trust in those little 'butterflies' we get in our tummies. They will be your best guide.What is the difference between believing something to be true in your heart and just wanting it to be true?
Wanting, wishing and hoping are just that. These are inactive and uncreative states. Now, belief is usually based on knowledge.


You will have to examine each incidence in your experience.


I know, this is not a great answer, leaving you with your questioning. You would have to have a single example instead of this whole universe of possibilities. Example: Do you believe in God? The answer to that one is having faith, and that is sufficient.
i dont think there is any difference...things are true or not...
Well, I think the heart one is more like you accept it as fact. It would be irrefutable to you. However, wanting something to be true is only a desire where you know it's not true or could not be true.
There often isn't really much difference. Belief is often just wishful thinking.
There is a difference, but it is hard to express. I very much want there to be a slice of pie in my fridge, but I don't beleive there is becasue I know better. In the other direction, I beleive that I am broke, even though I really want to be wealthy.
From you Heart is to 'know'.


Wanting it to be true is from your 'ego'

No comments:

Post a Comment