Wednesday, February 10, 2010

People who have read both twilight and true blood: Should i read the true blood series?

I finished reading twilight (the series) about two weeks ago and my mind is still completely lost in the book. I feel almost heart broken that its over. I've heard about the true blood series and I want to try reading that but I'm afraid that after twilight it will seem second-hand and be a huge disappointment. Any opinions?People who have read both twilight and true blood: Should i read the true blood series?
The True Blood series is MUCH better than Twilight. True Blood is for adults, and is written better, and the vampires actually bite people.People who have read both twilight and true blood: Should i read the true blood series?
I know exactly how you feel!!!! I finished reading the Twilight saga about a month ago and I still have dreams about that story! I felt like I was in another world while reading the saga!


I think I would give myself some time before I started reading another saga. If not, you might find that you don't like the new book you are reading and you keep comparing, ex... (nothing is better than Twilight, that's not what Edward would do, etc.).


Please enjoy your new world while your in it, after the mind releases it, it's back to ';old reality';, lol.
The two themes are sufficiently different that I don't feel a direct comparrison can be drawn between them. Could you compare Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Forever Knight?





However, you will like one more than the other. If you are a romantic, probably Twilight, if an action junkie, True Blood.





By the way, True Blood season one comes out today.
i don't see why you can't read it. if you really want to, i suggest that you read another short series or another book first. like: morganville vampires, or something by Kelly Armstrong like Bitten (which is about a female werewolf. i think you should look her up cause she is an EXCELLENT writer)


it would get ur mind off of Twilight and then when you later read True Blood (if u choose) you won't be jumping back to Twilight and comparing them. True Blood has aLOT of sex in it too.
Well to tell u the truth I was the same way.





You should get online and go to fanfiction.net





there are hundreds of stories that people have written on there. People actually write stories about ness and jacob and then there are others like





Midnight pixie-is in alice's pov----it has a little more of a M rating but it is really good!!!





Stand still by angelnlove52-----this also has a M rating but its by far my very favorite. She is not finished with it but she is updating chapters everyday....it is a continuation of The twilight series...I guess u could call it the 5th non published book....





these are probably my very favorite on there....u should check it out you will find something that you like.....humor or drama or any thing....








and if you dont want to go that route.....all the books by LJ smith are really good.
i absolutely loves twilight and think there is is nothing better however, i heard great things about the house of night series, its six books based on a love story of vampires but from an adult perspective. a few ppl said its better than true blood!
The problem with reading two similar-themed books one after another is that the latter is always going to be tarnished somewhat by your comparison of it to the first book.
well........twilight is betterso...ehh *shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment