Wednesday, February 10, 2010

True friendship lasts a lifetime. Who is your one true friend and what have you gone through together?

I am referring to real friendship here, one that has stood the test of time. How long have you been friends?





Were there difficult times when you did not speak to your friend?





What brought you two back together?





In what way has the friendship helped or enriched your life?





Is there anything you would not do for this friend?True friendship lasts a lifetime. Who is your one true friend and what have you gone through together?
My best friend has been with me since I started the journey of life. This good friend is myself.True friendship lasts a lifetime. Who is your one true friend and what have you gone through together?
I have a very good friend. We were in school together, but we were only in the same class for 1 year. In that 1 year it was clear that we were 'soul mates'. Since then we have seen each other maybe four times (in 40 years), but we keep in touch and we still think alike.
my best friend and i have been together for over 20 years. we met a primary school when she was being bullied and i stuck up for her, she was in the year above so for a year we didn't have any contact, for a year when she left, when i went to secondary school we met up again, she was the type of girl that was very much an outsider and no one really spoke to her, but for some reason i saw what all the other kids didn't a kindhearted girl who could be a great friend, and i was not wrong, people always call her my sister and that is who she is to me, although we now live 180 miles from each other we still make the 3 hour journey to see each other and keep our friendship going, my best friend has grown up with me, we have been there for each others heartaches and joys and i don't think anything can come between our friendship, we are the first people we both call when we need something or need to talk, i could not tell you how she has enriched my life because she has always been ther but i do know my life would not be complete without my best friend in the world. we will probably be friends until we die as we do not argue so i can not see how we would fall out after so many years
I have had my best friend for nearly 30 years. We have stayed friends despite many people disapproving of our friendship at the start but here we are still friends. I have really benefited greatly over the years emotionally. We help each other where ever we see a need and trust each other.
my best friend claire, we have know eachother since we were 4, so for nearly 19 years.





yes we stopted speaking for a while over trivial things in school and when we were 20 we didnt speak for nearly a year. but when we were both pregnant at the same time we started speaking again so i guess you could say it was our kids who brought us back together!





but its all water under the bridge, i probably would do anything for her, shes been a rock for me through tuff times, held my hair back while i puked, although to be honest i did more of that for her! :) shes hugged me when i was sad and cried with me when i lost someone close. i spent the night on a hospital floor just so she had someone with her while she was really sick, she was by my side through all the relationship breakdowns. I couldnt imagen life without her.





shes given me so many wonderful memories and shes the best friend i could ever wish for!
I have no friends....i like it this way.
i have not got any friends.
I've only had 1 true friend in my entire life.


(excluding the spouse)


His name is John I. T.


For over 20 yrs., we have laffed, loved, had


good, bad, a barf party, fighting, swinging,


crazy, fun, lived together*, wild, drunk,


high, times we have shared it all.





Yes, there was a falling out once, lasted 6 yrs.


He got a msg., thru family that he wanted to talk,


then it was over~ %26amp; we were friends again....


He helped my hsbnd to become the man that he is today.


John is his brother %26amp; bf.


He loves my children as his own... 'truly' he does.


And my grd-children, the same, as his own.


He was willing %26amp; wanted to raise my grd-son


when my dghtr.,


wanted to give him up for adoption.





There plenty of things I wouldn't do for him.


And thousands that I would.





The last time he saw me,


he held me tight,


kissed me more than once....


That was the last time he held me;


later that night; he was murdered,


in a home invasion robbery.


I tend to his grave, on a regular basis.








There is a song out on the radio,


by Alicia Keys that @ times


I can't even listen to it.


The 1st time I heard it, I cried hard.





I will be So Joyful,


that day that I see him in the Resurrection :~)


In God's Kingdom Paradise earth.


I'm gonna have to say...


:~) ';See! I told You'; ...as I'm hugging him..xoxoxoxox








*not in a romantic position, but financial.
havnt got one? all my best friends ended up moving away - and now, i dont want one because im possibly too selective and keep my own counsel?
I have a best friend called Joe, we have been friends for 31 years. When I was younger I helped him and his wife in their respective businesses. They treated me as a daughter. Sadly the wife Emily died from cancer a while ago. He has fought and won against cancer 4 times. He had his car stolen last year and I bought him an old banger, just to keep him mobile. He is nearly 81 now and is still my best friend. We would do anything to help each other. I love him to bits and he loves me, as best friends of course.
None of your business!
I have more than one true friend that has stood the test of time. To have ';true'; friends, you have to BE a true friend.





There was one friend that sent me and e and told me (s)he didn't want to be friends any more. I don't know why and it hurt. I sent an e back and told him/her that i couldn't just shut off my friendships, that i wouldn't contact them again, but if they ever wanted to get in touch again, they had my address and Phone #s. That's what BEING a friend is.





Too many ways to count how friendship enriches your life. The exchange of ideas, the support of another soul, the companionsip, laughter, etc etc etc.





I would not do anything that was against my own code of ethics (or that of the law).
My best friend is called Sheree. We've been through thick and thin together. I helped her through a very messy break up with an ex boyfriend, when she had nowhere to live, coz she doesn't get along with either of her parents and was living with the guy. I asked my parents if she could live with us until she got back on her feet. it was a strain at times coz she was there for 2 months and my boyfriend wanted to spend some time with me but i needed to be there for her y'know! If it wasn't for my familys hospitality she's have had nowhere to live!!





There was another time she ended up in hospital with a serious illness and i went to visit her loads and took her treats and stayed with her when she was feeling down and bored.





She's helped me through some touhg times too and there ISN'T anything i wouldn't do for her. She's my rock and i love her like the sister i never had. Friends like Sheree are hard to come by and i would be totally lost without her. She's moved on with her life and got a new boyfriend and again they have rocky moments and i'm alwways there for her. she said they'll probably get married - she wants me to be maid of honour and i would be delighted.





If ever we have a fall out it doesn't last long coz we need each other so much. It's enriched my life coz a lot of people i've been with friends with in the past have stabbed me in the back and i know she would never do that! We're sisters but not related, we just have the same amount of love for each other.





Really good question, i've almost shed a tear thinking about how great my mate is. Thanks for asking this





:D x





***for some reason the spell check won't work. Hmmm***
Nearly 16 years ago my ex had an affair with my childminder, my friend Sharon came to stay and helped me look after my children, they were both babies, so that I could carry on working as obviously the childminder was fired too lol Since then she has helped me through some tough times as I have her. We have also been through some really fun times together. I think it is fair to say we love each other dearly (sorry guys it's in a non-sexual way!) and there is nothing we wouldn't do for each other! We have never fallen out, we live miles apart now sadly due to our different lives but we stay in touch and we are both only a phonecall away should the other need it. It is true waht they say, it's not until you need your friends that you realise who your true friends are, and Sharon is indeed my bestest friend ever in the whole wide world!
my best friend had her 3rd child 6 months ago i went wit her and held her hand even tho she bit me 3 times i still love her lol been mates two years now she has helped me tru a brakeup and iv helped her tru personal stuff we do owt for each other no matter wat it is
28 years and counting.


Without going into too much detail, a brief synopsis follows.


We were friends when our husbands were our boyfriends,


we were friends when we had babies, stillbirths and miscarriages.


We always went on holidays together and never rowed despite having 5 kids with us !.


we were friends when we had no money and my friends husbands company went bankrupt.


we were friends when we asked them to go into business with us,


we are still friends after being in business for 10 years together - they run the business operations 150 miles away.


we are still friends despite the distance we live away from each other.


She was there for me when my husband was diagnosed with cancer, held my hand and comforted me and my kids when he died.


We only ever had one row, and that lasted 2 hours (I wanted chinese food, she wanted Indian)


I have danced on her 25th Wedding anniversary and hugged my dear old friend when she turned the half century.





She will always be my friend


Love you Moe.

No comments:

Post a Comment