Saturday, February 6, 2010

How do I discover my true calling. my true passion so that I can work for a living at it?

I wonder what kind of job I should really be looking for. I have a job but I do not see my self doing this five years from now.How do I discover my true calling. my true passion so that I can work for a living at it?
listen to what others say about you. your friends, colleagues, fellows knows what is best in you. they will give you a hint.How do I discover my true calling. my true passion so that I can work for a living at it?
You have to find that out for yourself.


That's like asking what's the meaning of life?


To help though, look into what you're good at, and what you enjoy doing. If you really want to have you're dream job you have to work hard, it doesn't come easy. It may take years for you to realize what you want to do. That sort of thing just doesn't happen over night. I recommend just living how you want to, doing the things you love, and being the person that you are.
I worked in the law and in banking. I then found that my true calling was an author and booksmith - writer, editor, proofreader, designer, and indexer.





But my previous jobs trained me in the use of words.





I hope that it will suddenly occur to you what might be best, but if not, do not take it to heart.
I wish I had an answer, I just want to keep track of your question in case someone has some realistic insight. I've had 2 jobs over the last 30 years and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment