Monday, February 8, 2010

How does wanting something to be true confirm that it is true?

After a big tragedy or a personal loss, religious people always say that it confirms or makes there faith stronger. Are they so delusional that they don't understand that wanting it to be true isn't proof. Maybe that's why they don't understand the process of scientific theory.How does wanting something to be true confirm that it is true?
we handle geif in our own way


believing in something helps put a tragedy into prespectiveHow does wanting something to be true confirm that it is true?
I don't agree with your first OR your second theory. I am not religious at all. However, I am spiritual and I don't require any proof at all of faith. Because my faith was so unpretentious, I was given proof of what I was looking for - and I didn't even ask for it.





As far as the process of scientific theory, nobody has yet been able to PROVE to me yet when it started, who started it, and why was it started? I have a visual of some dorky dudes who were bored one day and decided to get their ';fifteen minutes of fame'; by proving something that nobody else had thought of yet. Big deal.





ps: adding your little ';details'; after your question does not make you come as across as all-knowing either. It just makes you look rueful.
are you familiar with the teapot theory





Ok there鈥檚 a tea pot floating around the sun obviously you cant prove or disprove that there鈥檚 a tea pot floating around the sun so it must be true, but wait that鈥檚 ridicules right. That is how I view religion its just another teapot floating around the sun with the ferries and elf鈥檚.
does believing in something give it validity - Absolutely not - that's a concept the christians have yet to overcome
is this a question or an accusation

No comments:

Post a Comment