Saturday, February 6, 2010

Do you believe the gender attraction stereotypes are shallow or true? Is this true about you?

Men are most attracted to a youthful, good looking and sexy partner. Education, status and intelligence is important, but men prefer someone who looks like Megan Fox over a lawyer who looks like Sarah Jessica Parker.





Women are most attracted to a financially well-off, high status and educated partner. They prefer a dark, tall, fit and handsome partner, but will pick a average looking well-reputed/prominent cardiac surgeon over a good looking car salesman.Do you believe the gender attraction stereotypes are shallow or true? Is this true about you?
It doesn't matter if they are shallow or not, but they are most certainly true.





That being said, men are much less picky about what constitutes youthful, good looking, and sexy. A man at a bar might look over 3 women, and pre-qualify ALL OF THEM without worrying about who's a 9.1 and who's a 9.6 and who's a 9.9. They are all cute and sexy and ';doable'; in his mind.





THEN comes the deal breaker. Is she smart and fun to talk with? Is she a nag? Does she make the guy feel good about himself or try to tear him down? This second check is far more important and will determine if the guy views her as just a lay, or a potential soul mate. Women who are obsessed with the physical part but ignore the personality check will have a miserable life.





Regarding how women see men, I don't think money is a deal-breaker as much as lack of potential is. My wife always said I'd make it big someday even when I was flat broke and living with roommates. She was right, but it took 10 lean years before I hit my potential. I think when women size up an older man however, he's either got to have a job and money or she's moving on. He might have potential, but not a lot of time left to capitalize on it.Do you believe the gender attraction stereotypes are shallow or true? Is this true about you?
With the key word being ';preferably,'; yes, I agree with the stereotypes. Yes it would be true about me, but the deal breaker would be who treats me better, and I don't mean just by giving me material items. Who respects me more, and treats me like a equal, not a maid. To me, that's the biggest part of the equation. .
I don't agree with those stereo types. When I hooked up with my husband he was poor.. He had to pay a lot in child support but I knew he was a wonderful man who was also a wonderful dad. Eventually the kids grew up, my husband started his company and has become very successful.


I think your stereotypes are shallow.
i agree that looks do matter, if you don't have that initial attraction it wont work. intelligence is also important, you don't want to constantly explain things or be embarrassed in front to of your peers. money on the other hand is less important but they must be able to stand alone.
1) true i think





2) to me its not about money, if a guy is nerdy enough, id like him even if he's poor. Its about how well his brains work. In fact i don't want a rich guy. They are usually too self-absorbed.





car salesmen are usually not the type i would fall for. They seem to be obnoxious and not very smart.... no generalizing, but that's my impression.
yes its true and your examples are correct and it explains why so many relationships don't work and why so many never find a good relationship
That equals a bunch of clones. So I disagree.
Where do you come up with this nonsense?
i don't agree at all with that
  • black hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment