Saturday, February 6, 2010

What is your favorite ';based on a true story/true events'; movie?

I love movies based on true stories..A few of my favorites are Fargo, Erin Brockovich and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. What are a few of your favorites?What is your favorite ';based on a true story/true events'; movie?
My fave is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre as well,


even though it is SO far from the real story...What is your favorite ';based on a true story/true events'; movie?
First one that comes to my mind is ';The Crucible'; Based on true events from Salem, Massachusetts, 1692





I also love ';Hidden in Silence'; It's a little-known movie that MAY be shown on lifetime channel once in awhile, but is HARD to find now. The VERY true (checked the facts on this one) story of a young girl singlehandedly hiding 13 Jews from the Nazis during WWII.





Apollo 13 is also a GREAT movie.. top notch.
I really liked ';Seabiscuit';. The start is a bit slow, but it's actually an excellent movie. Even my boyfriend was surprised by how good it was. It's not entirely true (they changed the ending to make it more exciting), but it's pretty close to the real story.
The Passion of the Christ, by Mel Gibson. It really shows the most accurate depiction of the true events without the Hollywood spin.
Dog Day Afternoon


American Splendor


Badlands


Lenny


Quills


Postcards from the Edge


Bonnie and Clyde


Capote


Heavenly Creatures


Zodiac


The People v. Larry Flynt


Longford
i like ''Pursuit of Happiness'' ''The Secret life of Bees'' ''American Gangster'' ''god father movie series'' ''the hills have eyes parts 1,2''
American Gangster


Although the actual truth of those events has been questioned.
Ametiville Horror


Dog Town


Bloodsport


Dragon


The Crow ;)
Rudy


The Great Escape


Gladiator



The Basketball Diaries


The lies my mother told me


Heavenly creatures
Seabiscuit



Last Days is a movie based on Kurt Cobain's last days. I like that one a lot.


Katie :)
The Lords of Dogtown or Labamba (love me some Ritchie Valens)
Has to be Shawshank Redemption A class
what's love got to do with it? Mommy Dearest? La Bamba?

No comments:

Post a Comment